The difference you make. Today is national “make a difference day”
Today is national “make a difference day” and we want to thank you all for making a difference with us!
We may sometimes ask you to thank a legislator, or write an email to SRP, or write a public comment, or share an important alert. It is because all of us on our own, are quite powerless, but all of us together, are “we the community”, “we Arizonans”, and “we the people”. That translates into the power to make a difference.
Therefore, don’t ever underestimate the importance of small actions, even from behind your computers and phones and ofcourse when you donate, so that we can continue our important programs to keep the Salt River wild horses healthy and safe, and to continue to stand up for their rights.
Of course we especially want to thank each individual SRWHMG volunteer for every minute they spend with us making a difference.
With our presence of 100 volunteers, SRWHMG runs several vital programs.
These are all of the programs that make the puzzle pieces which combined translate into: humane wild horse management.
- Herd data program or – the “app team”.
- Monitoring program or the “field team”
- Fertility control program or the “darting team”.
- Habitat Improvement or the “cleanup team”
- Emergency feed or the “feed team”
- Emergency response or “MOD team”
- Road Patrol or the “patrol team”
- Fencing maintemance or the “fencing team”
- Rescue program or the “care team”
- Education and social media team.
- Legislative support or the “legislative team”.
- Managing all of the above: the “management team”.
Here is just a short video of a few pics from this year, made by Deb Mykitiak who is part of our management team.
If you support us, Facebook now let’s you give stars! They directly translate into financial support. Thank you and cheers to all who make a difference.